Thursday, September 11, 2008

MPC Week: "Ghost Zero"

Modern Pulp Comics
WEIRD! UNCANNY! UNBELIEVABLE!

Today's Modern Pulp Comic is the creation of a dear friend of Pulp Sunday: Dave Flora (ciao Dave! :))

Ghost Zero
Can't really say much, but I was lucky enoughto get a sneak preview to a short tale featuring Ghost Zero and I have to say that everything I saw was screaming authentic PULP adventure: the ingredients were all there and to boot we have also wonderful visuals and great retro feel on lettering and sfx: Dave did it right, no doubt about it :)
While we wait to read Ghost Zero on traditional (pulp) paper, which will happen soon I am sure, I hope you enjoy my quick, humble tribute and I warmly invite you to go to check its presence on the web for getting a taste of it - http://ghostzero.com.

Cheers,
Francesco

"Modern Pulp Comics" © 2008 Francesco Francavilla

4 comments:

Anthony Schiavino said...

I absolutely love it. LOVE IT. I want a set of cards now. Dave is gonna be floored.

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you, Anthony :D I hope Dave likes it too :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Unknown said...

Holy Cow!!

Francesco, that is GREAT! Wow..what a great treat to discover at the end of the day. I just got back from a week's vacation and was wandering through all the neat Pulp Sunday goodies when good ol' GZ's face (skull?) just popped right out at me! Wonderfully done, my friend! I'm very honored indeed for the kind words and the fantastic image. Thanks for the art, and for such a great Pulpy blog!

-Dave (who is pretty darned excited..can you tell?)

Francesco Francavilla said...

I am really glad you liked it, Dave :D It was lot of fun to draw, even if for a quickie (and I am glad turned out ok ;))
Vacation, uh? I need one too :P

Cheers,
Francesco