Friday, September 17, 2010

A Colt Is My Passport

A Colt Is My Passport
(click on the above image for a bigger view experience ;))

Hello Pulp friends :)

I was honored to be included in a small group of comic artists that was commissioned by Criterion to produce some movie-inspired posters in comic style.
The posters were for a series of movies they aired last week at the All Tomorrow’s Parties music and film festival head up to Monticello, New York.

When I got the list of movies to choose from, I had to go with some good ole Japanese noir, hence my tribute to "A Colt Is My Passport" you can see above. Hope you guys idg it and if you want to see the other cool posters, check this link out :)

Cheers,
Francesco

All images © 2010 Francesco Francavilla.

2 comments:

Deka Black said...

japanese noir... sounds interesting.

Casey (@OneShotCrisis) said...

NIce selection, Japanese noir films from the late 60s were so much fun. Did you ever see any of Joe Shishido's work with Seijun Suzuki around that time frame? Suzuki's directorial work was surreal during that time in his career.