Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Lone Ranger: Death of Zorro" #2 Cover

Lone Ranger - Death of Zorro #2 Cover
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

Today's offering is my second cover for Dynamite's mini "Lone Ranger: Death of Zorro".
Been pretty busy lately with the funnybooks: currently working on a Detective issue (I will be fully illustrating both issues 874 and 875) and getting ready to start on another Black Panther issue.
I have a couple of other projects in development (creator owned projects) I can't wait to tell you guys about in detail (not sure when I can, but I can't wait ;)).

So, busy but pretty excited by all these books :)

Enjoy the cover and have a wonderful Pulp Sunday everyone :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2010 Francesco Francavilla

5 comments:

JC said...

You rendered such a beautiful tale of Zorro with Mister Wagner that I have great hope that more such Zorro tales are in the queue, so this Death of Zorro creates a bit of a conundrum--such wonderful covers I am thankful we are blessed to see them, yet...we need more Francavilla Zorro story-telling!
The truth is, anything you touch has special life.

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you for the always very kind notes, Jeff :)

I believe I mentioned this earlier but it's always good to repeat it: this mini is not a continuation of Wagner's Zorro: it's set way later, when Don Diego is in old age. It's more a Lone Ranger story rather than a Zorro centered story (even if some elements from the Zorro mythos show up).
So be assured, this is not the end of Zorro Year One by Matt Wagner :)

Cheers,
Francesco

JC said...

Yes, I recall that this story is much later in the life (and death) of Zorro, but the moniker "Death of Zorro" may eventually be a self-fulfilling prophecy and the powers at D.E. may let it go, and that Kind Sir would be a travesty in my opinion. But thank you for the encouragement that more Zorro Year One is in fact on the agenda! Always a blessing to hear from you.

Mark said...

"I have a couple of other projects in development (creator owned projects) I can't wait to tell you guys about in detail (not sure when I can, but I can't wait ;))."

-I hope one of them is Lobster Johnson. I can think of no better artist for the character.

Brian said...

When you get a half a second to yourself, you really should consider pitching Avengers, Earth's First Heroes to Marvel.

I think it would be a Hulk Smash Hit.