Sunday, April 17, 2011

C. and H. Private Investigations

Click on the image for the larger BIG POSTER!!! ;)
Calvin & Hobbes

Hello Pulp Friends,

A couple of days ago I did the below illo for last week topic at Comic Twart. Since Calvin imagines so many adventures with his friend Hobbes, I imagined the hard-boiled duo you can see here.
C&H Private Investigations seems to really have clicked with lots of people to my surprise :)
Please note: C&H in C&H Private Investigations DOES NOT stand for Calvin and Hobbes. This duo is a complete different couple of characters, and the guy with the luchador mask is Hector, while the blondie is... well, please lemme know if you want to know more and I will be posting more here on Pulp Sunday :)

For now I hope you enjoy the new poster (above) about a new case for C&H Private Investigations: "THE SMOKING MAN".

Have a wonderful Pulp Sunday everyone :)

Cheers,
Francesco

"C&H INVESTIGATIONS" & Artwork © 2011 Francesco Francavilla

Click on the image for the larger BIG POSTER!!! ;)
Calvin & Hobbes

8 comments:

JC said...

Have been "refreshing" all day and thankful for the persistence. This is wonderful--truly wonderful. I look forward to everything coming. Will there be a book in the future? YES. Please. This is a great preemptory strike.

Britt Reid said...

I'd buy this book! ;-)
"Film noir with a sense of humor"

Of course it's not Calvin & Hobbes (koff, koff).
But it's still spectacular! ;-)

Deka Black said...

This reminds me i always wished to see Blue Demon & Batman together.

Deka Black said...

I mean the mexican wrestler, not the superhero

Paul Bishop said...

VERY COOL! LET'S HAVE MORE . . .

Unknown said...

I would pay real money for this. Especially if it included an airship!

S.H.I.E.L.D boy said...

Awesome, Mr. Francavilla.
Your are one of my favorite artists righ now.
I loved your Nick Fury for Comic Twart.
Do you have plans to do more of Kara Bocek?
Any chances to see a "Cold War" piece with the Black Widow?
Best
Rogerio

Wereviking said...

That's really great. Man, you have really nailed this style. Much cooler than the guy blogging about when Calvin is a grown-up with kids of his own.

W

Zephyr -- a superhero webcomic in prose
http://zephyr.warrenhately.com