Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Storyteller, The Immortals, & PIGS

Jim Henson's THE STORYTELLER
~~ Click on the image for poster size! ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

Thanks to the several panels/announcements in San Francisco's WonderCOn this weekend, I can finally reveal a few more of the things that boil in my giant cauldron (sorry, I couldn't find a smaller pot at Macy's ;)).
All of these involve my good friend Nate Cosby (who is playing Editor and Writer duties) who kindly invited me to be part of such cool books. Thanks, Nate :)

First up: Jim Henson's THE STORYTELLER, an hardcover anthology inspired by Jim Henson's famous TV series, published by Archaia, and edited by Nate, who gathered quite a lineup of talents: Roger Langridge, Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray, Jeff Parker, Paul Tobin, Colleen Coover, Brian Clevinger, Tom Fowler, Marjorie Liu, Evan Shaner, Jennifer Meyer, Katie Cook, Chris Eliopoulos, Ron Marz, Jim McCann, Janet Lee, myself and more.
I am writing and illustrating a short for this anthology and will make sure to give you more details when I am allowed. All i can say there is a little hint in the above little tribute poster I did for today's Pulp SUnday :)

ARROWS!
~~ Click on the image for poster size! ~~

Another anthology, still to be published by Archaia and still edited by Nate, will be centered on classic mythology and will be based on The Immortals movie. More talents lined up here as well: Ben Templesmith, David Mack, Ron Marz, Dennis Calero, Jock, myself, and many others will bring short classic tales to life.
Once again, I am writing and illustrating a short and, again, will reveal more when it's time (Note - the above illo is just an old drawing I did for 300 :))

PIGS #2 Cover
~~ Click on the above image for larger view ~~

And then there is PIGS, a new Image ongoing written by Nate and Ben McCool with interior art by newcomer Breno Tamura, SotoColor on color, Rus Wooton lettering and an amazing group of cover artists that include Jock, Amanda Conner, Humberto Ramos, Becky Cloonan, myself and more. Can't wait to share the cover I did for issue 2 :)
EDIT: Ok, above is my cover for issue 2 :) More details on my Sketchblog

Ok, I guess that should be it for now. Please lemme give a HUGE THANKS to all of you who picked up Detective Comics #875 this week and made it one of the most memorable moments of my making comics experience - so glad you all enjoyed reading it as much we did making it :)

Have a wonderful Pulp Sunday everyone!

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2011 Francesco Francavilla

3 comments:

JC said...

Pulp Sunday is such a highlight for each week. Thank you. Always such great news accompanying some of the most brilliant illustrations I have seen.

Deka Black said...

The Storyteller :d I LOVE the series. hope to see your work soon here in Spain ^^

Unknown said...

I am a BIG BIG BIG BIG fan of the storyteller Series... too bad it only ran for 2 seasons... Oh man.. can you make him come back to life on DC comics... talk to them pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...